5 Reasons to Take Ballroom Dance Lessons to Prep for Your Wedding
Your big day is almost here – you have the dress or suit, you have the cake ready to go and you even have the venue locked down, but what about your first dance as a married couple? There is a good chance you haven’t thought about this yet. There is also a good chance that you have no idea how to dance or are a little embarrassed by your dance moves. But this is okay – a lot of people are embarrassed by their moves. The truth is, though, that becoming a good dancer is easier that you think. Here are five reasons to take ballroom dance lessons to prep for your wedding.
- Practice makes perfect. Even if your wedding is a month a way, there is still plenty of time to start practicing. If you want to hone your skills on the dance floor and impress your guests, you want to really buckle down and learn some more moves. The more you practice, the better you will get.
- You’ll build your confidence. Learning how to dance and being a good dancer is all about having confidence. Without confidence, it will be hard to really let yourself go. So, on top of taking ballroom dance lessons, you may also want to hit other dance floors and practice with your partner. Dancing around other people and not just your instructor can help build your confidence and it will better prepare you for the watchful eye of all your guests. You may even want to learn other forms of dancing as well. If you live in Manhattan, you may want to pick up a New York Salsa guide and find out where you can dance the night away.
- Perfect your first dance. There is a good chance that you will have your own dance – this will happen sometime in the middle of your wedding reception. The DJ will announce to the guests to move out of the way for the married couple. So, if your ballroom dance instructor has created a very specific dance for you and your partner, taking lessons will allow you to perfect it, so that when your big day comes you can really shine.
- You will have more fun on your wedding day. If you are worried the whole time about your dancing skills, your wedding day won’t be very fun. The last thing you want is to have a bad time on your big day. Taking lessons will reduce your stress and anxiety, so that you can have the best time of your life. Plus, dancing is supposed to be fun – not stress inducing.
- Find your dancing chemistry. Another reason why taking ballroom dance lessons is important is because it will allow you to find your dancing chemistry with your partner. When two inexperienced dancers dance for the first time, it is quite obvious and awkward. In the end, if you and your spouse look comfortable and like you are having fun, it will be a lot less awkward and strange. In the end, you and your partner should look like you are in love and having fun.